Wednesday 16 February 2011

Backstreet Boys-Carter Fighting Fit Again after Health fright

Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter is racing back to good health after decades of drinking and partying left with a destabilized heart.

The singer was analyzed with cardiomyopathy - a buildup of venoms that prevents the heart from pumping blood competently - after he started feeling ill in Europe on a recent Backstreet Boys tour. And doctors told him he had to renounce alcohol or risk death.

Carter, who admits to having his first feel of alcohol at two, when his parents ran an upstate New York bar, called the Yankee Rebel, says, "I had a lot of rude awakenings (about my drinking) at times, warning signs, from DUIs... I got the DUI and I realized it was wrong and so I determined to go and punish myself - go and do the classes, go do the DUI school, do the society service, do everything that I was necessary to do and then I would end up in a situation where I would stop for six months and then after that I would feel like it's OK to get back into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment