Saturday 26 September 2009

7th album to Backstreet Boys back


SINGAPORE: The Backstreet Boys are back. Here in Singapore to perform at the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix, it is clear the boys are all men now. After being in the business for 16 and a half years, the Backstreet Boys have returned with their 7th album entitled, "This Is Us". The album features songs with upbeat music, like their latest single "Straight Through My Heart". The Backstreet Boys held their first Asian album preview here in Singapore currently. Brian Littrell said: "It's funny because Singapore rates up there with New York, LA and London, as well as Tokyo. We made music for music lovers, they're from eight to 80 years old they don't have to be abolescent girls, they don't have to be teenage guys, they don't have to be young, they don't have to be old. It's just people who enjoy music, that's why we make music because we are passionate about it." Despite their fame, the boys said they have dreams and aspirations, just like anyone else. "Acting for me that's how I started in this business, it was through theatre and stuff so I'm still waiting to do Broadway, at least once in my life. I would love to do Broadway, rather Phantom of the Opera. But I'll take whatever Chicago, Hairspray. I just want to do Broadway!" said AJ McLean. When asked which song they wished they had composed, Howie Dorough said: "I'd probably pick Michael Jackson's Thriller because to keep it real, those writers are making bank! They're making money! They don't have to work no more and that would be nice!" But just what keeps the Backstreet Boys going after all these years? Nick Carter said: "I think the Backstreet Boys continue on because we realised that there's only a certain amount of time that we can do this. We feel like we can continue this forever, but we're always fighting, we're pushing against the grain so to speak, so I think our inspiration is to defy the odds." The Backstreet Boys will return for their world tour early next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment